Pages

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Squid Icon

I took this picture during my trip to Japan. This mystifying squid is a resident of the Osaka Maritime Museum. I immediately fell in love with him...among various other Japanese goodies.

So I went to FavIcon from Pics and got this:
Standard x32 by x32 image. It was initially converted to an *ico file, but it looks like blogger doesn't accept them. Unhappy, I changed the extension back to jpg. Let's see how it works. Here is the animated version:
It has the word "jublog" running across.

The next step is to insert this line between my <head> and </head> tags:

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="put_the_image's_url_here"/>

which, by a personal stand of anti-corporatism, I automatically discard in favor of the Mozilla standard:

<link rel="icon" type="image/jpeg" href="put_the_image's_url_here"/>

The word is that this will only work with Mozilla Firefox because IE doesn't accept anything other than *ico files. Hmm....

*Si vous êtes francophones j'ai trouvé un site chez AFUL avec des bonnes explanations pour le faire vous-même à votre site. Ce n'est pas trop compliqué je crois.*

We'll see how it turns out.

No comments: